It’s more vital to look after your mental health than it is to look good on Instagram.
So, instead of filtering and browsing, what can you do?
The entire planet is your oyster, which is a wonderful thing! When you stepped away from the phone and into the three-dimensional world, you have an almost limitless number of possibilities to choose from, depending on your requirements.
You can divert this desire in different ways once you’ve identified why you’re feeling the want to log into your social media accounts.
When you are using social media as a way to unwind
If you find yourself reaching for your phone whenever you have some free time, consider these alternatives:
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood.
- Put the radio on.
- Liven things up with candles or aromatic oils diffused in the air.
- Get a book and read it.
- Try doodling or making something with your hands.
- Make something tasty in the oven.
- Playing with a pet is a lot of fun.
- Yoga or meditation are good options.
Whenever you connect with others through social media
If you’re looking for a way to interact with people but don’t want to check your feed, consider these activities instead:
- Make a phone call to a relative or friend (video calls get bonus points!).
- Inviting someone around for coffee with friends is a good idea.
- Bake something and give it to your neighborhood, stopping to speak along the way.
- Make plans with pals for a weekend brunch , walk, or shopping trip.